in with the new
Fire Hose

Serving Our Community

The Schuyler Heights Civic Association was formed in 1951 after a garage burned down in the Idlewild Park area. Residents met and formed the association and in 1954 the Schuyler Heights Fire District was established, two fire engines were advertised for and Maxim Motors of Middleboro Massachusetts was the low bidder. The fire company went into business in 1955 with two Maxim pumpers after initial training on a borrowed pumper. Under the command of the First Chief Edward Stevens the first engine was received and was stored in the old Allegheny Ludlum Steel Corp. until the new firehouse was completed at 900 First Street, later that year.
Read more…

April  2014
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
   
  1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30